Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Magic Shots - Disneyland

I found out about Magic Shots from an article at Capturing Magic.  I had to have some of the photos taken and my oldest granddaughter was just as excited to have the pictures taken as I was.  On Sunday, we met at Disney to find these photographers.  I was a little confused about finding these shots, so I stopped by the camera shop on Main Street for advice.  The cast members were wonderful.  Unfortunately, Disneyland doesn't have as many Magic Shots as Disney World - I was a little disappointed.  The Camera Shop said that you just need to ask a photographer that isn't with a character and they should be able to take the picture.  He said that they can do Tinkerbell in your hand in front of the castle.

So, I waited - patiently for my granddaughter to get to Disneyland.  Ok, I wasn't really that patient.  This visit was about getting silhouettes of her sisters and Magic Shots.  If we got to ride some rides then it was a bonus.

We went to the castle first and found a photographer standing to the side.  I asked her if she did Magic Shots and she said yes.  Siouxsie and I did a little squeal.  The photographer was wonderful.  She did our Tinkerbell shot, she did 3 different ones.


She told us that she could also do the balloons, so she dragged us in front of the castle to take that shot.



The photographer said that they could do the Hitchhikers in front of Haunted Mansion, but Jack was out so they wouldn't be doing that shot today.  California Adventures has Stitch coming out of the ground and eating ice cream.  These shots need to be taken during the day.

If you love Disney then you need to read the Capturing Magic blog,  She has wonderful ideas about everything Disney.  Steph is the creator of the blog and has a lot of inspiration - which is why I started this blog and got the family passes, so we could make memories.

When I was re-reading the Capturing Magic blog, I found this article about creating your own Magic Shots at home.  It got my mind spinning about the possibilities.  I am going to check out the sticker site that she recommended and then plan a Magic Shot day at Disney.  We can go and just find the different places to pose our picture, then I can come home and add the sticker.  I am so excited about it.

It will be a great memory.....


1 comment:

  1. Very cute picture! Is that you with your granddaughter?

    ReplyDelete