Thursday, January 16, 2014

Magic Trip - January 12, 2014

We have passes to Disneyland and go at least once a week.  I thought it would be fun to write down all the things that you can do or see - besides the rides.  I made a Disney Bucket List and will make one for California Adventures, too.  Every time, we plan to do something from the list - we will call it a Magic Trip.  I made a list of the things that I wanted to do for our very first "Magic Trip"


This was a trip of things that we have never done before.  I havn't rode in the fire engine or the horseless carriage.  I have never been inside the cinema or watched "Moments with Mr. Lincoln".  I hadn't been to the Gallery or City Hall, either.  I had pinned a bracelet made out of pressed pennies and knew that I wanted to make one from Disneyland.  I heard that Disneyland had a map of the machines at City Hall - so that is where we started our day.

I wanted to know about the map, find out what buttons they have and any other information that they could give me.


I met a Cast Member named Lauren, she was super helpful and sweet.  She answered all my questions and totally made my day.  She spent almost an hour with me giving me so much information.  She showed me a special book that had a page signed by Diane Disney Miller.  I had a bunch of emotions come over me, it is hard to explain.


She gave me a copy of the penny map.  It shows all the machines around Disneyland, California Adventures, Downtown Disney and the hotels.  You can get it from City Hall or go on-line and download it from
www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/parksauthentic/coin-press-souvenirs/.


She gave me these three buttons.  I, really, wanted the Honorary Citizen button.  I have a project planned for these buttons.


Then, she came out with these goodies.  The map, an old passholder calendar with mini-attraction posters (I'm going to frame them), a Tinkerbell envelope (ok, a few of them so I can pass them out to my students) and a list of the names of all the Carousel Horses.  I got excited about the list, I didn't know they had names.  So, then, I added taking pictures of all the horses to my Bucket List.

Lauren made my day extra magical by just spending time with me.


1 comment:

  1. I'm speechless. Love Dumbo. I've never been to City Hall. What are you going to do with the buttons? We were there the 6th & 7th. It was soooo crowded. Probably the most crowded I've ever seen it.

    ReplyDelete