Friday, January 17, 2014

Magic Trip - January 14, 2014

Hubby got sick, so I did this Magic Trip - alone.  I did miss him, but it was so much fun just wandering around by myself.  No one telling me they were hungry or bored, lol.  I loved it.

Magic Trip

Pictures of City Hall and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
Pictures of the windows that I missed
Pictures of the Main St. signage
Penny pressing
Disneyland and DCA maps for a project for the grand babes
Pictures of the Carousel Horses

I got everything done, but the best was the horses. I talked to a Cast Member and told her that I wanted to take pictures of the individual horses, especially since I found out they all have names.  She let me in right as she was loading and I wandered around taking pictures.  I did it 3 times.  I might have missed 4 of the horses.  Oh my gosh, these horses are beautiful.  I had never really paid attention before.


This was one of my favorite horses.  I need to find out her name.

There are 85 horses total, but only about 64 on the carousel at a time.  There is a Cast Member whose job is to take care of the horses.  The Cast Member that was in charge of the ride, at the time, took her job very seriously.  We talked for awhile, it made my trip just that much better.

This is my other favorite horse.


Jingles

She was dedicated to Julie Andrews is 2008 as a Disney Ambassador.  The saddle and back piece have Mary Poppins' icons on them.   I rode her when I was done taking pictures and it felt magical.  Mary Poppins was one of my favorite movies when I was little.  I had a Mary Poppins doll when I was younger, I wish I still had her.


1 comment:

  1. I love those horses too. Butchart Gardens has a beautiful carousel. We were there Xmas Eve and I was admiring them.

    ReplyDelete